Reviews & Booking
“Every now and then you see a performer who jolts the senses to attention. Daniel Beaty is one of them! By the end of the performance, I was on my feet shouting like someone in church – I was so moved.”
- Ruby Dee, Legend of Stage & Screen
“Mr. Beaty’s writing for his central characters is compassionate and precise. Mr. Beaty is also a fine singer. He moves with the easy grace of a man attuned to the rhythmic impulse that links music and poetry.”
- Charles Isherwood, The New York Times
“Funnier than most serious plays and vastly smarter than most funny plays, Daniel Beaty’s Emergence-See! is the most intriguing new show of the season. Its premise is inspired.”
- Jeremy McCarter, New York Magazine
“Daniel Beaty’s explosive, affecting solo play Emergence-See! may be the most important new American drama since Angels in America”
– Mark Denton, NYTheatre.com
“Did I say the monologue was seamless? It was brilliant.”
- Suzie Brozman, The Jewish Times
“He remains a moving and eloquent performer, fully convinced of the power of theater to heal hearts and change lives.”
- Wendell Brock, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
“Beaty is a consummate entertainer. Beaty is a mesmerizing presence. Beaty has them in his pocket. On opening night, they responded with an enthusiastic ovation.”
- Bob Brown, Princeton Packet (Read full review here)
“Through the Night at Crossroads Theatre a triumph. As for Daniel Beaty and Through the Night, they most certainly deserve to run for years and years.”
- Peter Felicia, The Star Ledger (Read full review here)
“Daniel Beaty’s new solo work Through the Night, now at New Jersey’s Crossroads Theatre prior to a run at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles, may be one of the most uplifting and inspiring pieces of theater you’ll see this year.”
- Gwen Orel, Theatermania (Read full review here)
“Three years ago audiences at Crossroads Theatre were treated to EmergenceSEE by writer-performer Daniel Beaty. Those who were fortunate enough to see him portray members of an African-American family have another opportunity to enjoy the talents of this gifted performance artist/actor who uses songs, slam poetry, lyrical riffs and even conventional dramatic devices to tell a compelling story. His new play Through the Night again uses his gifts in an extraordinary way.”
- Simon Saltzman, CurtainUp (Read full review here)
BOOKING INFO & FEES
In addition to performances of his solo plays, Daniel offers poetry & music sets, motivational speeches, workshops, master classes, and residencies.
- Click here to download a 2014 booking sheet with fees and details.
- Click here to download a 2014 Press Packet.
- Click here to download a list of Daniel’s college and university performances.
For additional information on bookings, contact Daniel.